Every year over 200 prospects are selected in the NFL Draft. In 2019 alone there were 254 gamers picked by an NFL team, but what about the guys who don’t have the luxury of hearing their names referred to as on draft night time? Lots of them sign as undrafted free agents with the NFL team of their selecting, however that puts them at an obstacle already. They’ve to do greater than the gamers selected to get themselves observed and make a roster. A shocking amount of undrafted free agents finally do make up NFL rosters although and every team needs these gamers.
Typically they flip into NFL Hall of Fame players like Kurt Warner or John Randle, typically they turn into Super Bowl heroes like James Harrison or Malcolm Butler, typically they flip into strong starters like Coley Beasley or Wesley Woodyard, and typically they turn into special teams stars like Adrian Phillips or Zeke Turner. Either means, undrafted free agents are essential for building a roster and every NFL team has them. These are the gamers on every of the 32 NFL groups who might make the roster as an undrafted free agent.
- 1 Arizona Cardinals
- 2 Atlanta Falcons
- 3 Baltimore Ravens
- 4 Buffalo Payments
- 5 Carolina Panthers
- 6 Chicago Bears
- 7 Cincinnati Bengals
- 8 Cleveland Browns
- 9 Dallas Cowboys
- 10 Denver Broncos
- 11 Detroit Lions
- 12 Inexperienced Bay Packers
- 13 Houston Texans
- 14 Indianapolis Colts
- 15 Jacksonville Jaguars
- 16 Kansas City Chiefs
- 17 Los Angeles Chargers
- 18 Los Angeles Rams
- 19 Miami Dolphins
- 20 Minnesota Vikings
- 21 New England Patriots
- 22 New Orleans Saints
- 23 New York Giants
- 24 New York Jets
- 25 Oakland Raiders
- 26 Philadelphia Eagles
- 27 Pittsburgh Steelers
- 28 San Francisco 49ers
- 29 Seattle Seahawks
- 30 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 31 Tennessee Titans
- 32 Washington
Tariq Cole, OL, Rutgers
- This won’t be the most enjoyable decide for the Cardinals, however it’s the most reasonable. Arizona selected just one offensive lineman in the 2019 NFL Draft (Lamont Gaillard) despite having major depth points there. Tariq Cole performed left deal with at Rutgers, however is best suited to kick inside in the NFL. He’s an enormous bodily run blocker who persistently finishes via the whistle. His length and heavy arms ought to give him a bonus inside. Cole is an fascinating developmental choice at left guard.
- Professional Comparability: Sean Locklear
Olamide Zaccheaus, WR, Virginia
- The Falcons have a history of loving gadget gamers at receiver, Taylor Gabriel comes to thoughts, and Olamide Zaccheaus is ideal in that position. What’s working towards him making the team is that Atlanta has drafted gadget gamers in the last two drafts with Russell Gage and Marcus Green. Zaccheaus is gifted enough to make an NFL roster thanks to his route operating and electrical capability after the catch. He doubtless would have been drafted if he have been slightly greater. Search for him to make a splash in the preseason.
- Professional Comparability: Albert Wilson
Antoine Wesley, WR, Texas Tech
- Sensible undrafted free brokers signal with teams that lack depth and general expertise at the place they play. The Ravens had arguably the worst WR corps in the league getting into draft week and Antoine Wesley made a fantastic selection heading there. Wesley going undrafted was a huge surprise. He’s obtained a wiry body and a few athleticism questions, however he’s considered one of the best route runners amongst greater WRs in the class. Wesley can also be a circus catch extraordinaire and YAC playmaker. He may already be the best contested catch WR on the Ravens roster. Gerald Willis III has a very good chance to make the team too.
- Professional Comparability: Allen Robinson
Antoine Wesley cooks Isaiah Johnson with this double move for the rating. Wesley is considered one of my favorite WRs in this class. pic.twitter.com/bUoYYp9zhr
— Rob Paul (@RobPaulNFL) March 6, 2019
Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffalo
- It’s a grind for an undrafted QB to make an NFL roster, however Tyree Jackson is in the most perfect state of affairs when it comes to team. Buffalo solely has journeyman Matt Barkley behind Josh Allen. If Allen have been to go down the offense can be utterly totally different with Barkley, however with Jackson it could possibly be run similarly. Jackson, like Allen, has a cannon of an arm, plus mobility, and struggles with consistent accuracy. Jackson is a poorer mans Allen.
- Professional Comparison: Josh Freeman
Elijah Holyfield, RB, Georgia
- Carolina wants to get an inside runner to help lighten the load on Christian McCaffrey they usually drafted one in Jordan Scarlett, however they acquired a better one after the draft. If Elijah Holyfield ran even shut to a 4.5 40 then he in all probability wouldn’t have gotten out of the fourth-round, but he ran four.78. Despite the poor 40, Holyfield holds up on tape. He’s received impressive contact stability, energy, and lateral quickness. There are few runners in this class more violent than Holyfield, he must get that from his pops. Holyfield could be the good praise to CMC.
- Pro Comparability: Chris Carson
Elijah Holyfield is a punishing runner. Each time I watch him I see Chris Carson. pic.twitter.com/HnQ4nfc2xr
— Rob Paul (@RobPaulNFL) December 26, 2018
Alex Bars, OG, Notre Dame
- If not for a torn ACL as a senior, Alex Bars would have possible been drafted and may need been a prime guard prospect. Now, he’s undrafted on a team set with their starting O-line. It’s an awesome state of affairs for him as he’s reunited with his school O-line coach Harry Hiestand. The Bears want depth behind their starters and Bars is a strong run mauler with a robust anchor in cross professional. He gained’t wow as an athlete, however he lives for putting defenders in the dust. Bars could be a prime interior O-line backup.
- Pro Comparison: Joe Thuney
Stanley Morgan Jr., WR, Nebraska
- Some guys go undrafted due to lack of talent, others due to character considerations. Stanley Morgan Jr. doesn’t lack talent. He’s arguably the best route runner in the complete WR class. Together with his crisp routes, repertoire of releases, and downfield velocity, he could possibly be contributing early as a rookie. With a handful of depth questions, Tyler Boyd in the final yr of his contract, and John Ross’ lack of manufacturing, Morgan Jr. might see time at Z or in the slot over the subsequent few years in Cincinnati. He’s ok to start in the NFL in the future.
- Pro Comparability: Emmanuel Sanders
Love watching Stanley Morgan Jr’s pacing off the LOS. Understands timing on releases and is perhaps the best route runner in the class. Makes it all look straightforward. pic.twitter.com/13F7xuYClB
— Rob Paul (@RobPaulNFL) April 15, 2019
Wyatt Ray, EDGE, Boston School
- It’s robust to find an undrafted free agent on the Browns with a shot to make the roster. They have already got a whole lot of talent at a whole lot of positions they usually had considered one of the weakest UDFA courses. The best guess is Wyatt Ray. Ray is an honest athlete with some bend and velocity dashing capacity. He needs to improve a ton as a run defender and develop counter moves, however there are some traits there.
- Pro Comparison: Jeremiah Attaochu
Daniel Sensible, DL, Kansas
- With D-line questions in all places, however Tank Lawrence’s spot, Dallas was a sensible place to go for coveted UDFA Daniel Clever. Clever, brother of Patriots Deatrich Clever, isn’t an ideal athlete, however he plays with spectacular leverage and is robust at the point of assault. He also offers the versatility to play EDGE, 5-Tech, or 3-Tech for Dallas. DC Rod Marinelli will love his work ethic and motor on the area. His potential to present depth all over the D-line can be his method onto the roster.
- Pro Comparability: Ricky Jean-Francois
Malik Reed, EDGE, Nevada
- It’s onerous not to decide Brett Rypien here, but he’s more doubtless to land on the follow squad than lively roster. If not for measurement considerations, Malik Reed would have been a Day Three lock. There are few move rushers in the class with better bend around the edge than him. He’s received natural flexibility and his leverage kills offensive tackles in move professional. Along with his bend, Reed brings an explosive first step and lively arms as a cross rusher. The instruments are there for him to develop into a move rush specialist and who higher to study from than Von Miller and Bradley Chubb
- Pro Comparison: Elvis Dumervil
The solely means to stop Malik Reed with his bend and leverage? Choke him? Ought to have been a sack, as an alternative attracts the maintain. pic.twitter.com/ysumtD8jkb
— Rob Paul (@RobPaulNFL) April 6, 2019
Beau Benzschawel, OG, Wisconsin
- If the Lions had selected Beau Benzschawel in the fifth-round no one would have batted an eye fixed. He was expected to be a Day 3 decide and Detroit is a perfect fit when it comes to each need and scheme. As an alternative they received him as a UDFA and he might find yourself their prime backup on the interior. Benzschawel isn’t an excellent athlete, but he’s lengthy and bodily and does his best work in the run recreation. Some years with an NFL O-line coach and in a power and conditioning program might do him wonders.
- Professional Comparison: Adam Snyder
Inexperienced Bay Packers
Manny Wilkins, QB, Arizona State
- With considered one of the weaker UDFA courses, the Packers are a troublesome team to guess on a UDFA making the squad. An fascinating participant to watch might be QB Manny Wilkins. After Aaron Rodgers, the Packers don’t have much at QB and Wilkins might be competing with each DeShone Kizer and Tim Boyle for both the QB2 or QB3 spot. New coach Matt LaFleur may need his own guy on the team to assist develop, that favors Wilkins. Wilkins isn’t a basic NFL QB, however has enough arm, impressive improvisation expertise, and experience and poise.
- Pro Comparison: John Wolford
Johnnie Dixon, WR, Ohio State
- Three things labored towards Johnnie Dixon getting drafted: Ohio State had a crowded WR corps, he has a historical past of knee accidents, and the 2019 WR class was BIG deep. Fortunately for Dixon he’s with a team in want of depth at WR and he has NFL tools. Dixon has massive play capacity with elite downfield velocity, however he’s additionally certainly one of the best route runners out of the slot in the class. If he can keep healthy, Dixon might shortly find a position as the Texans WR4.
- Professional Comparison: Kenny Stills
An intriguing late choice at WR is Johnnie Dixon. One among the more impressive route runners and he has 4.41 velocity. pic.twitter.com/vhUVagAxFj
— Rob Paul (@RobPaulNFL) April 18, 2019
Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State
- Senior Bowl favourite Penny Hart going undrafted was disheartening, but no less than he’s with Frank Reich, Andrew Luck, and the rest of the enhancing Colts. What works towards Hart is the Colts have a handful of WRs that feel like locks to make the team. What works for him is Reich’s creativity and Hart brings a whole lot of dynamic potential to the subject. Hart is a powerful route runner and may do a ton of YAC injury, which can also be a plus for his return potential. He may be their gadget player with his jet sweep potential.
- Pro Comparison: Taylor Gabriel
Georgia State WR Penny Hart has such ridiculous footwork, suddenness, and the means to explode out the prime of routes. pic.twitter.com/KN7q7M7LLj
— Rob Paul (@RobPaulNFL) January 26, 2019
Bunchy Stallings, OG, Kentucky
- An offensive lineman named Bunchy? Who would want to minimize that guy? But significantly, Stallings has a very good chance to make the Jaguars. Doug Marrone, who has an O-line background, has been constructing a bodily robust run blocking O-line and Stallings matches that mould. Few players punished defenders like Stallings did at Kentucky, he persistently put them in the filth and would end on prime of them. He has move blocking flaws and lacks athleticism, however the tools are there for a developmental left guard.
- Pro Comparison: Ramon Foster
1st snap of the recreation and Kentucky RG Bunchy Stallings is causally placing a linebacker in the dust. pic.twitter.com/E9j6XTr6SQ
— Rob Paul (@RobPaulNFL) April 15, 2019
Kansas City Chiefs
Cody Thompson, WR, Toledo
- Nicely, every week in the past this decide would have been Washington State RB James Williams, but he’s already been reduce. The life of a UDFA is a troublesome one. Cody Thompson is the extra logical decide though with the Chiefs depth questions at WR. Thompson’s route operating, toughness, and measurement will get him on this roster. He supplies the Chiefs with the capability to play Z or slot thanks to his combo of lateral agility and measurement. With Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman, and Byron Pringle locked in, Thompsons particular groups potential ought to earn him the WR5 spot.
- Pro Comparison: Austin Collie
Los Angeles Chargers
Adarius Pickett, S, UCLA
- What higher place for a flexible safety to land than the LA Chargers. Gus Bradley isn’t afraid to transfer his DBs throughout the place to put them in the best position and that’s great for Adarius Pickett. Pickett played a ton in the field at UCLA and could find a position as a dime linebacker down the street. For now, he offers physicality and consistent tackling that may certainly make an impression on special teams. Pickett is a superb match to backup Adrian Phillips.
- Pro Comparability: Adrian Phillips
Los Angeles Rams
Marquise Copeland, IDL, Cincinnati
- It’s going to be robust for a UDFA to crack a Tremendous Bowl roster like the Rams, but LA has some questions along the D-line. Marquise Copeland is a pleasant fit with the Rams due to his capability to play both nose deal with and 5-Tech in base three man fronts and 1-Tech in four man fronts. He’s not the largest IDL, but Copeland performs with impressive leverage and power at the point. His flexibility on the interior D-line is strictly what the Rams want from their depth players.
- Pro Comparison: Timmy Jernigan
Terrill Hanks, LB, New Mexico State
- New Dolphins head coach Brian Flores has a background in teaching linebackers and Terrill Hanks may just be his aspect venture. Even with depth and youth at LB, Hanks has an excellent chance to make this roster. He’s uncooked, but the athleticism on tape is rare. There gained’t be any questions on his aggressiveness both which ought to translate to particular teams success. If Hanks can improve his tackling and instincts, then there’s a chance he might see real enjoying time down the street. Preston Williams is another UDFA to watch.
- Pro Comparability: Darron Lee
Isaiah Wharton, DB, Rutgers
- Mike Zimmer loves DBs and he especially loves bodily ones, Isaiah Wharton is that. He’s a better prospect than drafted Rutgers teammate, Blessuan Austin. Together with his measurement and physicality, Wharton might see time at either nook or security in Minnesota, but particular groups are where it’ll matter most for him. With some depth issues at both safety and corner, if Wharton can show his value on specials than Zimmer may have a troublesome time chopping a DB with upside.
- Pro Comparability: David Amerson
New England Patriots
Jakobi Meyers, WR, NC State
- In fact, the New England Patriots obtained certainly one of the largest steals on the UDFA market and of course, he’s a clutch slot receiver. Jakobi Meyers falling undrafted was a travesty, however he’s in the superb place. With robust arms, nuanced route operating, a mess of releases, and impressive contested catch potential, Meyers might be on the subject as a rookie. It additionally helps that the Patriots have more questions than answers at the WR position. Meyers has the instruments to be a starting NFL slot and the Patriots have the coaching to get him there.
- Professional Comparison: Tyler Boyd
Jakobi Meyers goes to be a QBs best pal in the NFL. An enormous slot comparable to Tyler Boyd. pic.twitter.com/rUwjuoeDCp
— Rob Paul (@RobPaulNFL) March 10, 2019
New Orleans Saints
Devine Ozigbo, RB, Nebraska
- If you will get an RB as gifted as Devine Ozigbo undrafted then why ever draft the devalued place? That’s a bit extreme, but Ozigbo has the expertise to be an impression player early for the Saints. With Mark Ingram gone and Latavius Murray not all that great, Ozigbo could be the Alvin Kamara praise. He’s an enormous bruising runner with impressive contact stability and burst you don’t anticipate from a strong again. Ozigbo has the instruments to be the robust inside runner the Saints want to exchange Ingram.
- Pro Comparability: Deuce McAllister
Devine Ozigbo’s Pro Day proves he’s one in every of the most explosive RBs in the draft and it exhibits up on tape. pic.twitter.com/lLoL8RkE3e
— Rob Paul (@RobPaulNFL) March eight, 2019
New York Giants
Josiah Tauaefa, LB, UTSA
- An excellent choice for an undrafted participant is to a head to a team that has little talent at their positon. That’s what Josiah Tauaefa did, the Giants haven’t had high quality off-ball LB play in years. With just Alec Ogletree, BJ Goodson, and Ryan Connelly locks to make the roster, Tauaefa has a pleasant chance to earn a spot via particular groups. Tauaefa is an old-fashioned thumper who performs arduous and aggressive. His means as a move rusher and versatility to play some EDGE will even be a helpful think about making the roster.
- Pro Comparability: Lorenzo Alexander
New York Jets
Greg Dortch, WR, Wake Forest
- The Jets have their prime three WR spots locked down with Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa, and Jamison Crowder, however depth is a matter. Greg Dortch lacks NFL measurement, however his consistency as a route runner and skill to stretch the area from the slot are best in a backup slot position. Dortch is the good backup to Crowder, and a really comparable participant with his potential to win underneath and work himself open on third down. Dortch also has a shot at making the roster thanks to his capacity as a punt returner.
- Pro Comparison: Jamison Crowder
Keelan Doss, WR, UC Davis
- If not for a pre-draft damage, Keelan Doss was virtually guaranteed to be selected in the 2019 NFL Draft. On the brilliant aspect, Doss is already turning heads in Oakland and has a robust chance of creating the roster regardless of a thick WR group. Doss is an enormous slot WR who is a jack of all trades, master of none sort. Besides, he’s on his method to being a master of route operating. Doss seems like a poor mans Keenan Allen at occasions with his clean routes and catch radius from the slot. If he’s healthy, he has the tools to be an on the spot impression WR4 with his routes, contested catch capability, and athleticism.
- Professional Comparability: James Jones
Nate Herbig, OG, Stanford
- It’s almost inconceivable to crack a roster as gifted and deep as the Eagles as a UDFA. It doesn’t assist that their two best UDFA signings are on the O-line, a gaggle the Eagles could be the strongest at in the league each with starters and depth. Ryan Bates and Nate Herbig are going to have to slug it out to make this team, both are more doubtless ending up apply squad players or on one other groups roster. Herbig isn’t an excellent athlete and wishes to play with better stability, but he could be a robust run blocker and finishes by way of the whistle. He needs to improve his move pro if he needs to make this team.
- Professional Comparison: Jamon Brown
Fred Johnson, OG, Florida
- Very similar to the Eagles, the Steelers UDFA class is going to have a troublesome time cracking a deep roster. There best signing additionally comes on the O-line and the Steelers even have one among the best O-line groups heading into the 2019 season. Fred Johnson has rare measurement at guard and he makes use of it on the area. His size and power show up in move pro and assist him make up for some athletic shortcomings. In the run recreation he’s a finisher, however struggles to get to the second degree due to a scarcity of quickness. With an opening at backup guard, Johnson has a chance to make this team for his potential and versatility.
- Professional Comparability: Cameron Erving
San Francisco 49ers
Azeez Al-Shaair, LB, FAU
- Plenty of UDFAs want to exhibit on particular teams to make an NFL roster. That’s why a whole lot of UDFA linebackers and safeties turn into the coronary heart and soul of special groups models. Azeez Al-Shaair has the athleticism and physicality you need in a particular teams chief. He’s explosive and a consistent tackler with vary. It’s a troublesome roster to make with Fred Warner, Kwon Alexander, Elijah Lee, Dre Greenlaw, and Malcolm Smith in place, however Al-Shaair can make his presents felt on specials. The 49ers also don’t have many other UDFA choices with a chance.
- Pro Comparability: Elijah Lee
Derrek Thomas, CB, Baylor
- The Seahawks have a weaker UDFA class and it’ll be onerous for a participant to crack the roster on a playoff team. Their two best choices are Jazz Ferguson and Derrek Thomas. They drafted three WRs this yr so Ferguson has a slim chance, but Thomas matches their CB mould. He’s uncooked and wishes a ton of technical work, however Thomas has the size and press capability Seattle has coveted for therefore lengthy in a CB. Pete Carroll goes to love what Thomas might be and will want to hold him for improvement.
- Professional Comparability: Brandon Facyson
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
DaMarkus Lodge, WR, Ole Miss
- The best participant to go undrafted award goes to Ole Miss’ third WR, DaMarkus Lodge. If Lodge have been on virtually another team in the nation, he would have been a WR1 choice. Touchdown in Tampa is fascinating with DeSean Jackson and Adam Humphries gone, Lodge ought to have the ability to crack this WR corps as the WR4/5. He’s certainly one of the best route runners in the rookie class and may need the best launch recreation. Lodge is nuanced and is aware of how to win at the line, beneath, and deep. He’s obtained the athleticism and contested catch capacity to play outdoors at Z or in the slot.
- Professional Comparability: Davante Adams
DaMarkus Lodge cooks off the line of scrimmage. May need the best launch in the 2019 #NFLDraft class. pic.twitter.com/m2LGvwRg53
— Rob Paul (@RobPaulNFL) December 24, 2018
Anthony Ratliff-Williams, WR, UNC
- Titans head coach Mike Vrabel has been around scrappy slot WRs earlier than, thanks to his days in New England. With Tennessee making strikes to enhance their WR corps, it’ll be robust for Anthony Ratliff-Williams to crack the roster, but Vrabel is going to love what he brings to the desk. ARW was by far the best participant at UNC and his manufacturing was harm due to lack of surrounding expertise, that performed a task in him going undrafted. Together with his capability as a route runner, physicality after the catch, and ball adjustment expertise from the slot, he’s going to be a QBs best pal. His return capability alone may get him on the team.
- Pro Comparison: Jeremy Maclin
North Carolina WR Anthony Ratliff-Williams is certainly one of my favourite players in the 2019 #NFLDraft. For a not large guy he’s unimaginable at adjusting to throws and making plays on 50/50 balls. pic.twitter.com/EqQxBYGGNw
— Rob Paul (@RobPaulNFL) December 31, 2018
BJ Blunt, LB/S, McNeese State
- It’s slim pickings from the Washington roster when it comes to UDFAs with a chance of creating the team. That they had arguably the strongest draft class and have depth at virtually every position. If Washington needs an athletically gifted tweener who will fly round on particular groups, then BJ Blunt is their man. Blunt gained’t have a clear position as a defender, but his power and aggressiveness are good to carve out a career on particular groups. Coaches are going to love his motor and explosiveness.
- Professional Comparison: Kavon Frazier